You know you have built a successful business when your target market is able to identify your business with the business logo. A logo is the most powerful branding tool a business could have. It has the power to communicate with your audience, convey important aspects of the business, its values, its services etc. Thus making it extremely important to pay special emphasis while getting your logo designed.
Think of some of the hugely popular companies in the world. IBM, Apple, LG, GE, Vodafone or McDonalds or even some of the famous Indian companies such as Reliance Industries Ltd, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Bharti Airtel etc. 9 times out of 10 you would visualize their logo and not their name.
Another fine example of an efficient usage of logo – is to see how political parties in India use them. The iconic vertical-open palm symbol used by Congress, the Saffron Lotus flower of Bhartiya Janta Party and even the country broom used by Aam Aadmi Party. They all symbolize the parties core values and succeed in creating a unique identification in the minds of the voter. Companies, political parties, NGO’s small and large everyone benefits with a Logo that effectively communicates with their target audience.
A new trend catching on with creative teams is to hire a specialized Logo Designing Company in Mumbai. The city houses almost all the large business houses and enterprises in the country and scores of small and medium businesses around.
When designing a logo its important to keep in mind the business ethics such as trust, value, relationship that you want the logo to effectively communicate.
Important aspects of a logo include:
1. The core image: They say a picture speaks a thousand words. You could safely assume it adds another ten thousand words when your logo is instantly recognizable with a wide variety of audience.
2. The Color/(s) used: It is important to choose the color scheme to be applied on the logo. This is critical to maintain consistency with your brand identity as well as the ease with which it can be used across your website, your visiting cards, stationary and all other marketing materials. Choose bright and bold colors if you want a young and vibrant feel or choose monotone if you want to convey a serious image.
3. A strap line / A punch line: It is a great combination to have a good logo accompanied by a great punch line. It is a nice way to grab attention and to give something to your audience to rhyme by. Don’t go overboard with the rhyme, it is important that the strap line is professionally inclined with your business values.
4. Simplicity in design: Keeping it simple often helps people relate to the logo better. A complicated design that confuses your audience may create negative vibes and publicity and unless that is something you are specifically looking at it is best to avoid.
5. Re-usability of your logo: Think of all the possible marketing and stationary materials that you would want to use the logo on. Social media platforms such as twitter, Linkedin and Facebook could have your logo as your profile picture.
It is strongly advised to work closely with your Logo Design Company while designing your logo. After all it may very well be a once in a lifetime activity and opportunity to create a defining company image for your business.